by Michelle Efthimou
What really are the benefits of gardening?
- Homegrown fruits and vegetables are fresher, and contain more nutrients and vitamins than store bought products.
- We all know that fruits and vegetables sold in stores normally contain pesticides.
- However, if you make the right choice and grow your own fruits and vegetables, you can lessen or diminish the amount of pesticides used, making your food healthier.
- Homegrown foods contain ample nutrients, which include phytochemicals, anti-oxidants, vitamin C, vitamin A and folic acid.
- Growing your own food is also good for the environment. When you grow and care for your fruits and vegetables, you don’t use pesticides.
- Also, the scraps from home gardening can be used to create compost. Compost is key in helping plants grow better.